Friday, April 29, 2011

white teeth and perfect everything

Why do those people in the 'you need to whiten your teeth!!' commercials have flippin' perfect teeth?  It's annoying.  And that skinny lady who's eating Special K to lose that pesky holiday weight?  Go eat some cheeseburgers already.

It was in the news recently that social media is depressing some people.  Something about it being good to be in contact w/people but we can get jealous of others' success.  Having to read all about your sibling's new BMW, or co-worker's promotion, or seeing the Glamour Shots of some wanna-be model on Facebook, etc. I guess it hits us more when our friends and family have it good than those strangers on TV (though that seems messed up).  Not sure where I'm going with this.  I guess you gotta count your blessings.  Appreciate what you've got.  From now on, I choose to be happy for those people with freakishly white teeth and sleek shiny hair.

Anyway, it made me wonder if I've ever inadvertently caused grief to either of my Crayziee Life readers.  Looking back, I suppose someone could have envied my righteous pumpkin carving skills, or that Snuggie we bought, or how our Christmas trees are so sparkly.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

Interesting insight into the human psyche, but more importantly, what did you name the new kitty?