Monday, April 11, 2011

Bruiser 2004-2011

One of my favorite kitty pics - Nicky at 15 mos. old with his buddy

We lost our first and only family pet this weekend.  Bruiser died on Saturday after a lengthy illness.  He was only 7, so he should have had many more years with us.  He was 11 months old when we got him from the Humane Society in March of '05, just after Nicky turned one.  They were good pals right from the start.

I will miss how the little weirdo would jump into the bathtub and watch me brush my teeth.  It was annoying how he would always get underfoot.  I will miss how he was usually waiting for us at the door when we'd get home.  It was annoying how he'd chew on plastic bags and snoop around for crumbs under the table.  I will miss racing him up the stairs.  I will miss how all 7 of us would watch movies together in the basement.

Bruiser was a ridiculously social and friendly kitty.  More than just tolerating the kids and their kiddish antics, he truly liked to be around them.  He never hissed or bit or scratched.  He'd sit in your lap all day if you let him.

He rests down by the pond now.  So long furry friend.
Michael, Adrienne, and Nicky's first pics with Bruiser

with Zach last month

2 comments:

kelly said...

Awwww. So sorry :-(

Chris said...

Sorry to hear about this. I'll miss the little bugger.