Wednesday, May 20, 2009

my closet exploded, and more

Last week I thought some hard core home organizing would be the perfect way to follow up our recent barf extravaganza. You know how every once in a while you feel motivated to attack a certain project, and you just have to go with it because a decade could pass before you feel that way again? It started with sorting all our old greeting cards (why'd we keep the ones from the realtor?) and turned into organizing every shelf, every nook & cranny, and the overstuffed filing cabinet. Nate & I realized we've lived in this house longer than any other residence since we got married, so maybe that's why the cleaning bug bit. I took this pic after Zachary destroyed my piles of junk:

On to the DWTS finale last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see Shawn take the trophy, although I guess I would've liked to see Melissa pull off the upset. I was sure Gilles the immodest Frenchie would win it, what with his legions of silly drooling female admirers. And male ones too, I suppose. Bleah.

And what's with the wacky weather? Apparently highs in the low 70's are the average right now, but you wouldn't know it. We had to turn the heat back on briefly this past weekend when I couldn't feel my fingers. Then, yesterday was 97. 93 forecasted for today. Weird. Really getting tired of all the wind lately, too.

We're counting down to the kids' last day of school, next week on the 28th. Yay for a 3 month break from homework!

2 comments:

Alesha said...

Your picture shows what it looks like when I have a junk pile. :)

Mary said...

Heh. I think I started w/ recycle vs. garbage stacks and it all became recycling...