Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day & Bak two Skool

We spent some time staining the deck on Labor Day.  Nate had already worked on it a few times while I stealthily stayed away, but I ran out of excuses.  My folks came over and my dad helped us stain while my mom kept the kids occupied.  Turns out it's as tedious and monotonous as I imagined it would be and it's still not done.
Yesterday was the 1st day of school.  Michael gets on the bus at 7 am 'cuz middle school begins around 7:30.  Elementary school starts at 8:30 so Adrienne and Nicky get to sleep in later.  They're in 6th, 4th, and 1st grades.


Zach is in a 'playgroup' for speech/articulation that meets Weds. & Thurs. a.m. so he headed off this morning for the very first time.


It seemed a bit wrong to send off someone in a little Elmo/Cookie Monster jacket all by himself.  And it was a weird feeling to walk back into an eerily quiet house.  I've done this 3 times before but always had someone younger at home.  Transitions, sniff.  I heard from the speech teacher already and she said Zach is having a fun time, so that's good...that he's doing just fine...without me...

I bet they'll never call when they go to college...

No comments: