Monday, February 14, 2011

my husband, the poet

Yay for my hubby, who composed a poem for me this Valentine's Day and said I could share it:

There once was a woman named Mary
who found a guy named Nate to marry.
They did what they did
and had several a kid
and still are very merry.


Now the sounds of trombone fill the air,
while the cat coughs up his hair.
Homework is scattered,
Curtains are tattered,
But we make such a great pair,
that I really don't care.


I then tried to write a verse with the word jolly
but could not think of rhyming words except holly
so I took it another direction
while hearing about the Egypt insurrection
and its going to the garbage, 'prolly.


One more try to be serious...
and make it about us
Please be my Valentine
and say you'll be mine,
and I'll be very jolly indeed.

He said 'indeed' doesn't rhyme but he wanted to use the word anyway.  I suppose it is a fun word.  Indeed.  Indeed!

Yesterday the kids got out their scooters and bikes for a while.  Funny how temps in the upper 40's felt horrid last fall and fantastic now.
Scooter kid went zipping around and wouldn't look at me for a pic.  Then he chased after Michael and Nicky with chunks of icy snow, and got drenched playing in the water running to the drainage thingamabob in the street.

No comments: