Thursday, January 21, 2010

Conundrums


Don't be fooled by this ordinary looking closet.  It is an ordinary closet, but...
 

 ...there's a boy inside who's playing Nintendo DS.  Since acquiring this prize at Christmas, the older 3 kids go to great lengths to remain undetected while they play.  Zach demands to have it whenever he sees it, in the clamorous way 2-year-olds demand things.   I had to tell Nicky that it doesn't do much good to hide there if the volume is still blasting.

Speaking of Nicky, he has the sniffles right now and I'm trying to teach him how to blow his nose.  I can't figure out why it's such a difficult concept.  Is it a boy thing?  I seem to recall my little brother had trouble mastering that skill as well.  Another thing I don't get is vegetable oil.  Vegetables don't seem to be naturally oily things.  How do they get the oil out, and wouldn't it take an excessive amount of veggies to make a bottle of oil?  But it must not, because that stuff is cheap.  And then there's gum.  It lists the calories per piece on the package, but is that only if you chew the sugar out?  It should say Calories: 5  If swallowed: 25.

No comments: